Sunday, January 1, 2012

The best thing you could do

I can't believe break is almost over! It has gone by soo fast! Christmas was great, New years was crazy, but instead of boring you with all the details I'll give you the short version. For Christmas eve we headed to the Trujillo's and had a very fun night filled with tamales and presents. Since there is so many people in my family we draw names for one person we get to buy a present for. I was passing out the presents and after all of them were passed out I had only recieved one which was a pair of earrings, being my selfish self I was confused on why I didn't get a bigger present. Come to find out my Grandma left my present at their little house in alamosa.....about 5 hours away. Hahahahah I just laughed and will be recieving my sewing machine in march just in time for my birthday! Crazy old folks;) I spent new years with my cousins and had the best time:) lots of laughs and bonding time.

Lately I've been thinking about presents in general. Not saying I don't enjoy getting gifts! But sometimes I feel like I get all this anticipation for Christmas and the presents and I end up disappointed. But not because I didn't get what I want, but because no matter what present you get, it doesn't make you happy like you think it would. After all its only material things. They can't satisfy you. Jesus, family and friends are the most important things you need in your life. Presents are nice, but having family is better. That's something that is always there for you and that is real. 

Also I've been trying to figure out my love language and I used to think it was touch... but I think I have a different love language of my own! hahah. I think my love language is notes. I save every. single. note. anyone in my whole life has given me! And whenever I'm feeling down or sad I pop into my note drawer and read some of my notes:) And every time I get a smile on my face. And I'm not talking about like one sentence sticky notes. I'm talking about like full paragraphs on paper! They make me soo happy. So if you ever want to do something nice for me....write me a note;) I'd take that over a hug any day.

Share with me your love language! Everyone needs love. 


"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."
1 John 4:7-8 



1 comment:

  1. Jess! I love this!

    haha, no joke, I do the same thing with my notes. I still have notes from middle school. It's kind of ridiculous but I really love them. Maybe your love language is words of affirmation, then! That's my guess :)

    ReplyDelete