Thursday, January 17, 2013

Heart of Worship

"Create in me a pure heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10
"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:12
"My tongue will sing of your righteousness. Open my lips Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise." Psalm 51:15
"Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things." Psalm 98:1
"Shout for joy to the Lord, ALL the earth, burst into jubilant song with music." Psalm 98:4

What is worship?
Is worship having an awesome performance, great singers, crazy lights, and loud music?
Is worship about if you get to sing your favorite songs?
Is worship about hitting the notes perfectly and staying on beat?
Or is worship something that you put your whole heart into because you love your creator so much?

So many times I feel like I'm either really into worship or I'm not. I critique the band and vocalists and think that I know the "right" way that it should be done. If the music isn't my style... I zone out. If the band messes up, I get distracted and taken out of a moment between just God and I. And why do I do these things so often? Because in my head I think that I am right, and they are getting it wrong. Yet I am the one missing out on the opportunity to worship my God. I am done with getting caught up in the mess of things. Mistakes happen, we're all only human. And If God can forgive all my my mistakes, then who am I to judge them on getting the words wrong or skipping a beat? At the end of the day, it's between you and God. And I don't know about you, but I would rather pour my heart out into worship than judge others for the way they do it. And I believe that whether you have an amazing voice or a not so amazing voice, God is pleased by your want to praise him.Worship is the freedom of adoring your father, your lord, and your king. I would say that there's nothing better that you could use your breath for. Truly at the heart of worship is our love for our father and the thankfulness of the sacrifice that he has provided. And I am so blessed that I can use my talents and gifts to praise my daddy. God is so big that even creation praises him! (Psalm 98) So I would just like to challenge everyone to get real in your worship, examine your heart and find out why you would want to praise the king of kings. And next time your tempted to judge others, remind yourself that it's not about the small stuff. It's about being able to worship and adore your creator God. And if you're scared that others are going to judge you because you are worshiping, then just remember that their opinion does not matter. In the end, it's between you and God.


No hay nadie como tu, Solo Cristo.
There is no one else for me, none but Jesus. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment